Search & Win

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Still Alive

I feel like it's been a long time since I've posted anything (OMG 13 days!), but I want to assure the five people who actually read this blog (including my dad.) that I am still here. I'm working two jobs and helping my husband survive law school, so I don't get much spare time, and in that time I'm practicing sewing and trying to get better so I can help anyone who needs it. So don't fret my ducklings, I'm coming up with something.

You could help me help you by asking me questions! I was planning on having an entry on how to make a quick totebag, and then one to explain interfacing a little better. But if there are other questions in your noggin about things like buttons, zippers, how much fabric you need to cover a dining room chair, please ask and I will answer!

P.S. you can cover two chairs with three-quarters of a yard of 45" or bigger.

2 comments:

  1. ooh, ok...

    How does one effectively work with very ravelly materials (brocade, etc) without going completely batty? :)

    And this may go along with the tote bag post, but....straps. How can we attach them that they'll stay attached and not rip out when the bag is actually USED?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blog so far - really helpful to an avid sewer but a bit of a newbie. I find fabric shops simultaneously candy-shop-exciting and overwhelming!

    What's your opinion on the best choice of fabrics to have in your stash? I mainly work with freebies and old clothes (currently too skint to buy much new) so it's usually a mix of jersey, stretchy knit, linen and denim, all seamed together (obviously, as they're old clothes!) leaving me with small pieces of fabric which I usually turn into children's clothes.
    I'm trying to build up a stash (at the moment it consists of some brown corduroy and some black jersey!) but go blank when I walk in a shop as to what I'm planning on making and what I need.... Wow, big ramble.

    ReplyDelete